Saturday, January 7, 2012

Schedules and Journals

Well we are finally home and it feels great!  Yes, I love vacation as much as the next person but it always feels good to get back home too.  With us being such a large family, we work better on routine.

Yesterday I had so many errands to run that I wasn't sure if I would get the stuff I wanted to do, done.  Like, I wanted to go to Up and Running to get a pair of new Brooks Glycerin 9 running shoes.  I did a lot of research on them and they seem to be and awesome pair to get.  So, I did get to go up there and they fitted me for them and I went outside to try them and they are true to word.  Love it!!  What was weird is that I normally take a size 8 but they said I should be in a 9 with all the training and running that I'm gonna be doing.  So, I took them home and went outside for a short walk/run and they were right.  They were comfortable and all was well.

I also wanted to get my Target fix and pick up a few things that I needed.  I had to pick up some gallon storage bags to put some of my Christmas items away.  Needed to pick up dog food.  They had cereal on sale and well okay....I just love Target and I never leave there empty handed.

Thursday morning before left Florida I went out for a small walk/run.  Wonderful!! Then Friday, as I said before, I went out for a short walk/run and again, it felt wonderful.  I did about 3.3 miles altogether.  I haven't been pushing myself on making myself run only going on how I feel.  Starting Monday is when I am on my 10k training schedule so that is when I will push myself a little harder.  Monday is speed work on the treadmill.  The plan is to do 5 400's with gradually building up speed and then a slow walk/jog for 5 400's making that a total 2.5miles.

Also starting on Monday is journaling all my eating and along with that my workout for that day and how I felt.  Was it hard?  Was it easy?  Did I enjoy or dread it?  Things like that.  I want to be able to look back and see just where I need to push myself more or cut myself some slack.  I have journaled before and it has really helped.

Well I'm off to put some time in on the elliptical and then get ready for a brunch with my Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment