Thursday, January 19, 2012

Legs and Jello

On the schedule for today was legs, abs & a 2 mile tempo run.  Well I did a hard, and I mean HARD, leg workout today!! I was pushed past what I thought I could do.  And my legs now feel like jello!!  That's great and I feel good but that meant that my 2 mile tempo has to be put on the back burner for either tonight or tomorrow.  Even though tomorrow's a rest day.  I don't mind using a rest day especially if its for a short 2miler.  This is what the rest of the weeks schedule looks like:

Friday-       2mile tempo run
Saturday-   40min cross training (20min walk at incline, abs, shoulders)
Sunday-     3.5mile run

Not too bad considering that I just got back to this type of working out.  I want to get better and harder at it each week.  I want to feel that I am making progress and that it's from pushing myself when needed and knowing when to listen to my body.  Such as today.

                         

1 comment: