Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cleaning and burning calories

This mama here has been on a cleaning frenzy this morning.  My girls are old enough that they do a pretty good job on their bedrooms but it still needs a mama's touch from time to time.  I have dusted, vacuumed, cleaned under beds, dressers, cleared out trash from cubby holes, and so on.  I have made me a huge pile to take to the Goodwill, a huge trash pile, and the rest was put in the appropriate places.

After about 90min of cleaning this


And this


I decided it was time for a quick snack of this


I love the Kroger CARBmaster.  The nutrition in this is pretty good!  60calories, 1.5g fat, protein 8grams, 3 sugars, and 4 carbs.  You add a scrumptious little red apple and you have a great little mid morning snack.   

I have been using the Myfitnesspal to record my workouts, calories and such.  And I was excited to learn that you can count the time you spent cleaning.  Yay!!   They have two different ones to choose from such as cleaning vigorously or cleaning, light, moderate effort.  I put cleaning, light, moderate effort and for 90min, and it estimated that I burned 265 calories.  Nice!! 

So to catch up a little of what I have done this week here we go:

Saturday:           Ran 3.5miles on the treadmill
Sunday:             20min on the elliptical then we did back and shoulders
Monday:            4.5miles Speed work including a 10min warmup and 10min cool down. 
Tuesday:            Stretch and Strength so I did about 15min of shoulders and then stretched.
Wednesday:       Ran 2miles on the treadmill 
Thursday:          Extreme leg work and then walked on the treadmill at an incline for 15min 
Friday:               Will be a rest day =D

So far I have signed up for a 5k, 10k, and a half marathon for this year.  Would like to add a few more to this years schedule.  

Now off to do a little more cleaning then make dinner.   


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Fitness pal, is that a iphone app?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is. I really like it too. Very helpful =)

    ReplyDelete