Sunday, September 12, 2010

Loving this training schedule

Sometimes it's just nice having a workout schedule. Just knowing what days are going to be runs and what days are going to be cross-training days. Today was a scheduled 4mile easy pace run. I had played in a sand volleyball tournament yesterday so I wasn't sure how my legs were going to handle the run. It wasn't too hateful. I really worked at trying to keep at my set pace and it actually was perfect. My legs felt a little like they had some heavy weights in them but once I set out and got my body into a nice comfortable pace it wasn't too bad.

I also listened to my ipod this time around. That was nice for a change and it made for the run to go by faster. Do you ever have those runs that you kinda dread getting out and doing but it turns out to be one of your better runs? That wasn't tonight but almost. I have had those runs though that I would have given anything to not have to do but did and they turned out to be one of my greatest runs. Even on those bad runs though, I truly love it when I'm done and glad that I have ran.

Tonight I was reading one of my favorite blogs over at Shut up and Run. Beth has been very inspiring to me. Like tonight she talks about mentally getting yourself ready for a long run. And I truly believe she is right. Once you get yourself mentally prepared for your long run it truly helps. Thanks for being such a great motivator Beth!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Wow, 9 kids? You are awesome!

    Beth is awesome and inspires me to be a better runner and mother all the time, she also just is great for a good laugh too!

    Having a running plan DEFINITELY helps and totally agree, when the mind is in it . . . the body tends to follow! :-)

    ReplyDelete