Sunday, December 18, 2011

Here I am....

Well it sure has been a while since I have been here. So much has happened since my last post...ummm, which was in May?? Anywho, just to do a short recap of what has happened over the past 7 months.

Well as you can tell by my previous posts I was training for my first marathon. Well, that didn't happen. I had got to a point where I was have pretty bad glute pain and was having to take some time off. Wasn't sure about the marathon so I decided that I would just do the half marathon. Well, long story short, I had went on a 7 mile run then the next day went on a long bike ride and after that I started having bad pain in my left calf muscle. So much that it only felt better if I was taking Advil. So, I made a doctors appointment and it went from finding out that I had three blood clots in my calf to finding out I had Thyroid cancer. Yea...I know!! It has been such a whirl wind of everything. I had to be put on Coumadin for the blood clots to having surgery and having my thyroid taken out to doing the two and a half weeks low iodine diet to get me ready for the radiation. It's been long, it's been frustrating, it's been emotional. Among other things that has gone on in my life this past year I am ready to be done with 2011!!

I am now to a point where I am back to doing workouts. I had not stopped working out during this time only just slowed way down and no runs. I am back to building up my runs and still lifting weights. Oh how I have missed my runs. Not sure if I will ever train for a marathon again but I would like to do lots of 5k's, 10k's and maybe a marathon. But for now, I just want to get back out there. I want to try to be more consistant at posting.

It is the Christmas season and as I reflect back on this past year, with lots of sadness and a heavy heart, I still feel so blessed by this loving season and all that it brings. I have my health, I have my family, and it's time to move on. Oh yea, and I am going to be a Nana.....it's really going to be a GREAT 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment