Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ghost N Goblins 5k report.....

So I wasn't sure if I would be writing this report or not due to the race officials were considering cancelling due to extreme bad weather conditions. There was very high winds, down pours of rain, tornado sirens going off and so on. But by 6pm the weather was a lot better. A little chillier but great for a race.



This was the Ghost N Goblins 25th anniversary and had about 3500 people registered for the race. This was a really, really nice race. They had pizza, fruit, water, live band, best costume awards, and great gift baggies which included a very nice long sleeve running shirt.



I was not sure at all how I would do at this race. Sure, it was 3.1miles and I have been running 5miles but I wanted my time to be better than 34:11.......and it was =) I was able to do the race in 32:12 with a average pace of 10:24. I'm pleased with that and it gives me something to shoot for to do better in the next race.



I know I promised pictures but I didn't take my camera for fear of not knowing what the weather was going to do but I did take this.................

2 comments:

  1. YEAH for improving your time!

    Seriously, 9 kids? And you have time to blog? And run? And look freaking adorable in your picture? AND get a PR at a 5K? You're freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi momof3!! Thanks for stopping bye=) Yes, I have 9 kids with 5 still living at home. We were blessed with 3 biologically, then blessed with adopting a sibling group of 3 then 2 years later another sibling group of 3....

    Thank you for the sweet compliments=)

    ReplyDelete