Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stop being so hard on yourself!!!

Okay so yesterday was my long run day of 5miles. This run was a whole lot better than last weeks 5miler. I was able to run and get in a groove with myself and it felt wonderful. It was a GREAT run with an average pace of 11:17. Now, for me that is good and definitely an improvement. Then why oh why do I keep beating myself up that other runners can run 5miles so much faster?!?! People who are my age can knock that out at average paces of 8something. I just don't see how they do it! I wanna be one of you! I wanna go do an average pace of even 9something. But I feel like it is so far out of my reach. Even though my run was good yesterday and my pace was decent for me, I was tired and truly felt like I couldn't go on once I hit the 5miles even if I wanted to. I'm not new at this running thing. Yes it's the first time I have actually been put on a running plan and have stuck to it, but I have always ran. I just wonder at this point am I getting better? Am I giving it all I got and pushing myself as much as I can? I LOVE the way running makes me feel!! Even when I don't feel like running but I go out anyway and within a mile or two I am so glad to be out there.

I know I need to do what I can and not be so hard on myself. At one point I was okay with just finishing and feeling proud that I completed my goal run for that day. But now I find myself comparing myself to other runners and I have to STOP! I need to do what I can do and as long as I see some progress then I need to be good with that. This probably sounds like a bunch of mixed rambling but it's just my thoughts.

Today will be at least 60min on the elliptical if not more. Tomorrow is pinch and measure day along with track repeats and weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment