Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Good days and Bad days...

We all have them right?  Good days bad days?  Maybe it was Monday or maybe not but it was a bad day!! I woke up and immediately felt like crap!! Just tired, tons of emotions and self doubts about this half marathon.  Can I really do this?  Am I expecting too much too soon after my health issues?  Is my foundation going to be enough to get me through the 13.1miles?  Can I actually hang with the thousands of people thats going to be at this event?  How can I run 13.1miles when most of my runs have been soooo hard?  I  know the weather this summer has been awful!! Plus I have been dealing with Plantar's Fasciitis through this training plan and having a family vacation for a week in there too.  Either way all those thoughts were just piling in on me yesterday!!  Maybe it was Monday or maybe it was that I sucked on my 3 mile recovery run Sunday?  Maybe I just flat did too much last week?  Wednesday was a 22mile bike ride, Thursday was speed work on the TM 4.38miles, Friday was 60min of lower body work, Saturday was a 8 mile run, and then Sunday being a 3 mile recovery run.  Could that have been too much?  I am slow I know this but 37min for a 3 mile run???  How slow is acceptable for a recovery run?  I don't know but I truly felt defeated after that run. I have been icing and foam rolling and really trying to take care of myself after my runs.   It would be nice to have just a run here and there where it just FEELS so good the whole time!  I have had them but it's been soooo long.  

Today was a better day!  I had only done upper body yesterday and really tried to just rest.  I woke up and really was looking forward to my tempo run this morning.  I was actually out the door before 8a and was full of positive thoughts.  Todays tempo run was 4 miles.  My pace was okay for me!  But it was hard!! I had to stop a few times for a few short seconds to catch a breather then move on.  This tempo run made me feel better about things.   Just a little bit better!  But I'll take it!  

Here is what the rest of the week looks like:

Wednesday:  Leg day and maybe a little elliptical
Thursday:   Speed work
Friday:  Upper body and maybe elliptical or short walk
Saturday:  Long run of 8 miles
Sunday: 3 mile recovery run


Okay so what is an acceptable pace for a recovery run?  Or does it even matter?  Should I not take my garmin and just go do the 3 miles and not worry about pace or time?  

No comments:

Post a Comment