Thursday, July 19, 2012

Feeling better..

Just wanted to pop in and try to catch up.  I swear I WILL get better at this blogging thing!  My foot has been feeling so much better.....finally!!  I'm still in PT 2x a week and still doing a lot of icing and stretching.  There are days my foot feels awesome and there are days it just aches.  I have found that the days it aches the most is when I have been on it all day at work.  I also received my orthotics and that has helped a lot.  

My training for the half marathon has, so far, been on schedule.  From where I have had these issues with my foot my training schedule has NO wiggle room.  Kinda makes me nervous but either way I am just taking it one schedule day at a time.  I actually completed my 6 mile run this past Saturday and it felt wonderful.  Usually I have to stop a couple times to stretch but during this run I only stopped once to stretch the foot and it felt great.  I ran this 6 miles with my homie Janice and we did it in the rain.  Some of the run was just sprinkles but at one point it was coming down fairly hard.  Then Sunday I was scheduled for a 3 mile easy run and Monday I did another scheduled 3 mile run.  I also did that one fairly easy since the weather here has been so hot and humid.  I have been getting up at 5:30am and heading out for the long run by 6:30 but its still so humid.  My shorter runs I'm out there by 7a and its still pretty bad.  I just remind myself there is no goal other than to just finish it.  I get pretty excited towards the end of my runs because I'm out there just doing it.  I let those doubts come into my head about, what if I can't run in this weather, or what if I'm just too tired, or what if my body just can't do it.  And every single time....my body just does what it's suppose to do.  Trying to be more positive.  

Today on the schedule is a 4 mile speed run on the TM.  I'll do a mile warm up then do 8 400's one fast one slow with bumping the speed up each time till my 8 then a mile cool down.  The speed drills and the long run is where I let my doubts sink in but again, so far, my body has just taken over.  On the days that I'm not scheduled to run I have strength training and one elliptical day.  

Again, considering what I have been through health wise this past year, I am good with where I am at.  I will hopefully do this half marathon and then just keep going.  


No comments:

Post a Comment