Saturday, July 21, 2012

Early Morning Runs...

Today's long run was 7 miles.  I have to admit that even though last weeks scheduled long run was 6 miles, 7 miles made me a little nervous.  But guess what?  We ran it.  The whole thing! Stopping to stretch my foot and eat a GU was the only time we stopped.  We started out with a .45 warmup walk at 6:45am and the weather was perfect.  Here is my running buddy and I, Janice, after we were done...and even smiling.  
It truly feels awesome that we are on schedule and that so far things feel wonderful.  My foot even felt great!  It also feels wonderful to have such a wonderful friend who will do this with me!  Janice and I generally just do the long runs together and maybe one short one through the week and I have to say that if it wasn't for her I'm not sure I would be this far along.  So thank you girlie!!  You can't even begin to know how much this means to me!!

Tomorrow's run........ an easy 3 miles ;)   I found this on Pinterest and loved it!
This. Is. So. True!!   However, I have also had to on many a days say this to myself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment