Friday, November 5, 2010

Awesome run!!!

Yesterdays Thankful #4

I am very much thankful for my husband who works very hard and that allows me to be a stay at home Mom!!

Workout

Worked out with weights concentrating on legs. We did step ups with 35lbs in each hand, lunge backs with 30lbs in each hand, side step ups with 30lbs in each hand and we did a few arms. After we left and went to the bike path and ran 4miles. It felt really good to get back out there and since this was the first long run since my 5k, I felt really, really good. Slow, but good!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankful #5

So thankful for those runs that just feel good and that my body is in that good of a shape that it feels good with it!!

Workout

Today's workout was to do a very slow 5miles. So after a morning of errands I was able to get back around lunch and head down to the bike path. I set my garmin and my Ipod and headed out! At first I was just trying to get a good rythm going and once I did there was no stopping!! I felt really awesome on this run. Breathing was right, legs and feet felt great, and I could have just kept going..........and I did. Only for another mile making it a 6 mile run but it felt great!! If I had runs like this more often I would probably run every single day!!!! My pace was nothing to write home about but that's not what I was after. I was just wanting to get back out there and get it done. So 6miles with an average pace of 11:41!!

Now it's off to get ready for date night!!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and had to stop by and say "hi" from another Kim! I think it's great you got 6 miles in when you planned 5.

    ReplyDelete