Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Sister and weights


Having my sister here for two weeks has been so nice!! We have relaxed, we have worked out and we have just had fun being with each other.
My sister has had her ups and downs with her weight (as has myself) but for the most part has been great with all her workouts and having a healthy lifestyle.   Her go to workouts are running, elliptical, or P90X type dvds.  All those workouts are great but I told her she needed to add weight lifting to her routine and explained some of the benefits to lifting.  


This week she got to do a lot of my weightlifting workouts with me and I am hoping that she sees and feels just how great these workouts are too.  Don't get me wrong I also do cardio but not to the extent of leaving out my weightlifting routines.  


On Wednesday we did chest, shoulders and biceps with Scott my trainer.  The next day she was so sore but a good sore she said.  


On Thursday we did a 2.26 mile run and finished it up with a super hard leg day!  It was one of those leg workouts that you felt very shaky afterwards! 


Here I am doing squats with a 45lb weight and my sister doing dead lifts.


We are both cheesing afterwards though!




And then we found a little time to head out Friday evening with some friends and family. 
I'm not sure what I am going to do when she leaves Wednesday.  I have really enjoyed every minute with her.  I guess I will have to plan a trip soon out her way.

On Saturday morning we did another run outside and then finished it up with four rounds of Tabata!  I was completely exhausted after our workout but it felt wonderful too!  

This week I plan on getting my runs in and getting this girl back on her plane home.  Tomorrow will be weigh in day and my thoughts on counting calories and how that is working.


No comments:

Post a Comment