Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sucking wind...

Today's scheduled run was only 4 miles at a decent pace.  The weather was pretty decent temp wise but the dew point still a little high for my liking.  I went to this park that has a mile loop and has little rolling hills.  It's not my favorite place to run but thought it's been a while so why not?  You know from the get go if it's going to be a decent run or not.  I knew from the beginning that it was going to take everything I had to run this morning.  Not sure why because I felt pretty good and felt like I was ready.  However, once I started I knew it was going to be a struggle.  Minus my stops at the car for a drink I finished my 4.03miles in 47:16.  My average pace was 11:44 and that felt hard!  It's days like this that I constantly think like this...

But anywho it's done!! On tap for tomorrow is legs and elliptical then Friday being my long run of 10 miles......Oh boy!! On a good note I did get a pair of these today!
These are the Brooks Glycerin 10!  I have the Glycerin 9's and LOVE them!  

Also just a quick update on my foot.  It's doing better.  Not where I want it to be but it is getting better!  I can't wait for it to be back to normal that is for sure!  

So just a few questions:

1.  What do you do to get through a tough run?
2.  What, if anything, can be done for sucking wind?
3.  Should I be concerned with my pace and time right now or should is getting out there and just doing it good enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment