Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A little bit of everything today!!

Well we are finally back home from vacation and I am still trying to get back in the swing of things.  The girls start school Thursday, which by the way, why Thursday?  Two days and then the weekend?  Don't get it!  So it's been hectic getting them ready for back to school and all the things you do right before the first day.   But either way here is a pic of the hubs and my girls on the beach.

We got back into town Saturday evening and although it was a nice relaxing vacation it felt really good to be home.  We unpacked, grabbed some dinner, watched a little tv and then I was ready for my bed.  I had my long run I needed to rest up for.  Was so nice that my running buddy changed her long run that we usually do together on Saturday to Sunday so that we could run together.  Making it only one long run we didn't get to do together through this training session.  
Our run for Sunday was 11 miles.  I was a little nervous(as always) just from where we had been on vacation.  I had ran 3x on the TM and did an elliptical but that was it.  The TM runs were awful.  The workout room at the resort was very small.....I should have taken a picture.  They had two TM's with one of them not being very safe to run on.  Maybe walk but not run.  So the TM that I was able to run on faced a wall.  Like it was literally right THERE.  The room was hot! Hot! Hot!  I was miserable to say the least.  Where we were at I did not feel comfortable enough to run outside.  I knew nothing about this place.  And it was stinking hot and humid!  Anyway, so I was a little nervous to do this long run because I hadn't been out on the road to run in over a week.  The run itself was really great!!  I had no problem other than my stupid foot being sore!! When will this PF freaking go away?!?!  I truly took it easy on vacation and other than the TM runs I really babied my foot.  The run, like I said, was really great and it felt good to be back out there with my homie!  We ran 11.21 miles and other than the foot issue it was a good run.  Monday I did  bi's, abs, and shoulders.  For cardio I did a light 30min elliptical.  
Today's run was 5 miles.  I started at about 8:30 and even though it was a slow, slow run it felt better.  I taped my foot, took some Advil/Ibuprofen and didn't have much problems.  The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! 59 degrees it was!! Here are a few pics from this morning.  


How gorgeous is this?  I love it down here!  These pics were taken at my turnaround point. 

So I want to take a few minutes and tell you about my new shoes!!
These are the new Brooks Glycerin 10!  And I love them!  I also purchased back in the early spring the Glycerin 9 and loved them also!  These are just what my feet needed!  They give enough room at the top and are cushioned underneath and truly give my feet the support that they should have!  I have ran two of my long runs and four shorter runs and have had no problems at all.   They are light, roomy, and  wonderfully cushioned!  Perfect for my right foot with the Plantar Fasciitis.  I love them so much that I purchased a second pair in a different color so that I can alternate them.

So what are your favorite pair of running shoes and why?
Also, where are some of your favorite places to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment