Monday, May 7, 2012

Stubborn Foot!!

So last weeks workouts went as planned with the exception of Sundays 2mile run.  First let me just say that my 2 mile run on Friday wasn't bad at all.  Wasn't easy but I was able to finish and not feel like my foot was going to come off.  Saturday I walked for 15min then did a short 11 mile bike ride.  
Then....it was Sunday! I had another 2 mile run and I was looking so forward to it too!  I decided to go to the bike path and run there.  No specific reason other than it's pretty and I know where my mile markers are.  I started running and could feel that foot.  Okay....it's OKAY!  Keep running.  Okay just walk a sec. Okay lets run again.  Okay walk.  This is stupid!! My foot hurt so bad that I only made it not even a quarter mile and turned around and just came back home.  I was soooo discouraged that I just wanted to cry.  But I wasn't done just yet....I decided to go and do the elliptical for 30min.  Was a nice sweating sweaty cardio.  The kind thats hard but not bad.  
So I guess for now I'm gonna not run on it this week too.  Today I worked out on the elliptical for 35min doing sport intervals and then walked on an incline for 20mins.  I put a ankle brace on and that seemed to help too.  After walking I did a lot of lower body weight type workout and abs.  I'm gonna try and ice and brace during my workouts and maybe try again on Saturday or Sunday for another 2 mile run.  The heel pain even just walking is feeling so much better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment