Monday, May 21, 2012

Little Update

Just wanted to pop on here and give a little update of how my foot is doing.  I finally went to the doctor and they ex-rayed my foot.  Yep I have a spur and yep it's Plantar Fasciitis =((  So he gave me a cortisone shot and some instructions on stretching and then I have to do a splint for 60min every day for 2 months.   All I know, is that I have NEVER had a cortisone shot and so I had NO idea that it was gonna hurt!! But let me tell you...as the day went on and then the next day then the next I felt sooooooooo much better!! This was all on a Tuesday.  I took that day and Wednesday off from any exercise then I ran on Thursday. I ran 4 miles here
and at the end I totally felt like this!!
I truly truly felt wonderful!! I mean, I didn't even feel like I had ran 4 miles!! Actually it was 4.14 ;)  The whole time I kept expecting for my foot to start acting up again.  But it didn't!  On Friday I went and ran another 4 miles.  Saturday I did a rest day then Sunday I ran 3.5 and walked .75!  The stretching and the splint has definitely helped and I will continue to do this if thats what is making things better!  

I love to run! I'm slow but I love it none the less!  I love what it does to my body, my mind and it's totally me time!  My 3.5 mile run was with a friend though on Sunday!! We talked the whole entire time!! I normally don't like running with people but enjoyed running with her so much that we decided to make it a every Sunday evening date!! 

Now it's off to do legs and abs then off to a very busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment