Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lou Cox 5k Race Report

This is going to be a quick race report.  First, I'm just excited that I even got to go and participate in this race considering how my foot has been.  Second, just let me also report that my foot has been doing a lot better.  The cortisone shot has definitely worn off but with my everyday stretches and putting my foot in the beautiful and oh so fashionable splint, it has been doing so much better.  Also, just to report, I did run a slow 5 miles on Friday!! Yay!! It was a little warm but with it being in the morning it was very doable.  I felt very comfortable and really good.  

Okay, now for the short race report.  Like I said earlier, I am just tickled that I was able to get out there and run.  But it was the worst running weather I have EVER ran in!! It was already 80 something degrees at 9am and full sun.  The race didn't even start until 9:30.  I kept telling myself that no matter what I finished in I needed to be good with it since for the rest of this year I am not worrying about my times.  Just wanna run, love it, and finish it.   Running out to the turn around point wasn't bad.  The sun was at our backs.  But once you got to the turn around point....ummm it was a totally different ball game!! That sun was right in your face and it was soooo hot!! I had to take a few walk breaks and I was okay with that.  My time was 38:55.....ehhh!! 

Here is me and my future daughter-in-law before the race.  I had already told her to not worry about me and to just do her thing.  She ran it in 29 something.  

Next on the agenda is a 10k on June 10th.  I just want to finish it....thats all!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment