Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tomorrow is a new day

Well we finally got our winter here in Ohio!  Still pretty light compared to other places but we will end up with about six inches of snow.  I love the snow and I love just how beautiful it makes everything.  From sitting atop all the trees, rooftops, to the bushes its beauty is just breathtaking.


Today was a rest day.  I hadn't really planned it but I was feeling a little sore and just have been feeling thick or swollen like.  I had worked out five days in a row with no rest, so I decided maybe my body was trying to tell me something.  So, with no school for the girls and a rest day for me, well, it's been pretty wonderful.  Here is a pic from my Saturday workout!  This was a pic of before because after my workout of elliptical intervals along with chest and abs, I assure you my ponytail didn't look like this afterwards.


 So, as I had posted in an earlier post about how I was doing the Advocare 24 Day challenge with my daughter and daughter-in-law, I was doing this since some extra holiday weight gain had happened.  I was doing my workouts but I really was just eating whatever and whenever I felt like.  At the end of this challenge I had lost 6.5lbs.  Not bad I guess and felt good that it was a start.  So even after the challenge I was still doing my workouts and logging my food on MyFitnessPal.  Most days have been great to others being not so great.  But here lately I have just been stressing over what I should and shouldn't be eating.  So much so that I give in and eat whatever and then feel so guilty about it!  I don't feel like its a ton of one thing but just a lot of different things.  Sometimes when I do I will then do a second workout to burn off some of the calorie damage.  


So starting from this point I've just got to let it go and just work on balance.  I have been reading a lot about this lately and how that seems to be the key.  I love reading lots of information and learning different things from nutrition to workouts.  But, I love reading about real people and their struggles and triumphs.  I have learned quiet a bit about how to have balance and how it works.  Katie has lost over 125lbs and has had many triumphs and setbacks.  She is a real person, wife, mom, blogger, and runner.  Her blog isn't just about all the triumphs.  She's about balance and you can read more about her here.  

Tomorrow is always a new beginning and another chance to get it right.  So, I'm not going to waste my time on feeling bad for eating something that I think is bad and then therefore I am bad.  I'm just gonna try my best each day to keep my workouts strong and keep my nutrition balanced and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment