Friday, January 30, 2015

What I've been up to lately

  The days have been moving quiet fast here with so many new things going on.  So much so that I haven't posted on my blog since August!! I gotta get better at this blogging thing!  Well, let me try to do a little catching up.


This was my view back this past Fall.  How gorgeous is this?  Fall is just my absolute favorite time of year.  Here are a few more pics from this past Fall.





Also, in November we were blessed with another granddaughter!  Please let me introduce to you Baby Kate!

She is such a delight and is such a great baby!  Okay, moving on!  With Fall weather being my favorite time of year to run I didn't get to do much of it this year........sad face!  I wound up getting extensor tendonitis the first part of October!  I took a few months off from running to give it plenty of time to heal.  I'm doing so much better with it and have again resumed my running.  Along with the chilly weather I love to bring out my favorite Fall time soups!  Here is a family favorite!


Homemade chicken noodle soup!  This soup is by far so easy to make and it's perfect on a cold Fall or Winter day with a gooey grilled cheese sandwich!  Here is the recipe:


1 tbsp butter
12 cup onion, chopped
12 cup celery, chopped
4 can (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
1 can (14.5 ounce) vegetable broth
12 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
12 cup egg noodles
1 cup carrots, sliced
12 tsp dried basil
12 tsp dried oregano
1 salt, to taste
1 pepper, to taste

Directions

  1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.

What does your family love for those cold chilly days?



2 comments:

  1. Nice photos and post!!!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know... I always follow back.
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete