Friday, August 15, 2014

This weeks happenings!

Wow! This week has been nothing but gorgeous!  Beautiful weather along with beautiful temps!  Perfect for my runs and just hanging outside.  
Can you believe that it is already the middle of August??  Hello!! Where did Summer go?  Actually, I'm good with it.  Yea, not much of a Summer person at all!  I'd much rather have Fall, Winter, Spring, Fall!  
Anywho, we have just been getting things ready for back to school.  The girls actually did their own back to school shopping.  From what they needed in the class room to what they wanted to wear.  Of course I did some overseeing on a few things.  
This Summer actually was a nice Summer.  Yes the temps were great but I'm talking about the girls.  All three are growing into beautiful young ladies.   Who would have thought that two Summers ago compared to this Summer was heartbreakingly sad and miserable.  

Okay, now to my running.  I love to run.  I do.  But, it is something that has never came easy to me.  I'm not fast.  At all.  On a good day I am about a 10:50pace.  I have struggled for several years now with how slow I am.  But, I can't do that no more.  It is what it is.  For the past three Summers I have trained for my races...whether it be a 5k or a half marathon.  This Summer was no different.  I signed up for a couple 5k's, a couple 10k's and three half marathons.  Well, my body just wasn't gonna let me do those half marathons.  I did my first one and boy was it miserable!  That was the hottest most boring run ever!  The Cincinnati half marathon.  But, between everything that my poor body has been through I just decided to listen to it.  I wasn't enjoying it anymore.  I hated my long runs and hated feeling like I HAD to go out and HAD to get a certain pace.  I started running with a few of my girls that I train and that was so much better.  We ran here and there and even a few times on the bike route and even that was better.  I decided that I was going to go from one of my halfs to the 10k and the last half marathon I just decided that I wasn't going to do period.  I had already ran that twice.  Yes it's fun

and I love it.  But just needed to step down.  I needed to get myself back to where running was fun.  If I wanted to go out and run three miles that day then that's what I wanted to do.  I just needed to step away from what I had to do on that training plan.  I feel so much better!
Here is my runs for this week:
Saturday- 5miles
Sunday- 2miles
Monday- 3miles + trained w/Katy
Tuesday- 2miles
Wednesday- trained w/Katy 
Thursday- 3miles
Friday- rest day

I feel so much better!  especially with my body going through everything that it has been going through the past few years.  

So do you feel that you run the pace that you want to run or do you feel slow?  And are you okay with whatever pace you can do?



No comments:

Post a Comment