Saturday, January 31, 2015

Trying to get back into my routine

Since my foot injury last Fall, I have managed to put on a few extra pounds.  I was able to do a little elliptical but my heart wasn't in it much.  In these last few months there was also a vacation, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years!  But now that I am able to get back out there and run, I need to start getting serious about getting these extra pounds off.  

So I am thinking that this will be a good way to keep track of my goals, workouts and how things are going.   My first thought is to really make sure I only worry about myself and how I am doing.   I get on here sometimes and I will read other fitness bloggers and really feel like maybe I'm not doing enough. I am really impressed with their routine, workouts and dedications for sure but I need to focus on what I do and just focus.  

Love this and so true!

Today I will be doing a run on the treadmill (since the weather here is bad) and my goal is 3 easy miles.   This is the part that kills me!  My long run for the week being 3 miles!!  But it is what it is and my goal is to get back out there without getting another injury or same injury!  I'm sure I will be back up in good miles before I know it......then it will be a different kind of complaining!  Also on tap is a shoulder, bis and tris workout!  


Long, fast, short, slow or tempo....running does make my soul happy!

Okay,  here is a quick and easy recipe for the very popular No Bake Energy Bites!  I love these and they are so easy to make and are a quick healthy snack before my run or workout!


No Bake Energy Bites

1 cup (dry) oatmeal, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup ground flaxseed, 1/3 cup honey, 1 tsp. vanilla
mix all ingredients together and roll into approximately 1inch balls and refrigerate!




What is your favorite go to snack before a workout?









No comments:

Post a Comment