Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Running on the hottest day this year!!!

Today I wanted to head down to the bike path to do a easy 4 miles.  Nothing too long or fast but felt really good and thought today would be the day.  Was I wrong!! Do you ever have days like that?  Where you feel that you could actually run and run and everything just falls into place?  Well today wasn't my day and actually I haven't had a day like that in....oh a long time!!

Before I set out I decided that I would wear my impression sleeves for my legs since I have been feeling like my shins have felt pretty tender during and after my runs.  I actually got to put on a pair of running shorts and a tshirt instead of  bundling up for the cold.  All I can say is that it was super warm and super humid!!  I couldn't run until noonish so maybe that has a little to play in it I'm not sure.  All I know is that I was hot and sore.  My legs felt tight not too far into my run.  Whats up with that? Maybe it could have been from doing my speed work of 6x400's yesterday with 6 slow 400's in between.  Or maybe it was from not being on a great diet.  Orrrr maybe its from not stretching like I should or hydrating enough before a run!!  Could be all the above.  My plan of 4 miles turned into a 3 mile run walk session.  My shins have been pretty tender here lately and this is what I ran in hoping that it would help some.

I truly didn't care I just wanted to be comfortable and if somebody didn't like it........well too bad!


Me during a walking part.  I started to get frustrated at myself and then decided to just narrow down what it could be that was making my legs sore and tight while running.  Either way I plan to get out there again Saturday but just for a mile run because I have a 5k on Sunday....at 2pm!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment