Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Issues

Just about ready to just cut this stupid foot off!!  If it's not one thing it's another.  Since doing the half I have been able to do some 4-5 mile runs and two 7 mile long runs and feel pretty decent.  My PF has been feeling better and better.  Back a few months ago I had been experiencing some ankle pain and it just being tender when I do certain leg workouts.  But this past week or so it has been getting worse.  I had set out to do a run and wound up just walking.  Well I wound up running about .75 miles then walking two.  It's at the top of my foot over into my ankle a bit.  So I had a follow up appointment with my foot dr on 10/15 but called and moved it up to this past Friday.   He took xrays and said he seen nothing and that it probably was bruised and if I keep running on it then it could lead to a stress fracture.   He gave me some medicine to take and said I should be feeling better by the end of taking my meds.  It's better but not completely.  It's really, really stiff in the morning but just a little achy through out the day, especially if I'm on it a lot.  The dr told me no running but doing the elliptical was fine.  So, thats what I have been doing.

I dont know, maybe its just time that I completely let this heal and when it does then start back a little on my running.  It's not the end of the world right?

Has any of you had a foot issue like this?  What did you do and how long did it take to heal?

No comments:

Post a Comment