Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Still here....and still running

Funny how life just gets in the way. The past few months have been a real challenge for me with lots of emotional ups and downs but I am still here and I have not forgotten my goal of wanting to run my marathon. I have still been running and am now on a different running schedule. The United States Air Force Marathon is September 17 and I will do this if I have to crawl to that finish line!! I vow to try my best to stay on schedule and to stay focused. I have a 5k run for May 14th, the Susan G. Komen in Columbus. There's a 10k that I would like to do on June 11th, and a half marathon in Columbus in August. So, we will see. This is my first ever marathon so if there is any advice whatsoever any of you would like to share I would truly be forever grateful!!

My running schedule this week is this:

Monday- 3.5miles

Tuesday- Rest

Wednesday- 5miles

Thursday- 3.5miles with abs

Friday- Elliptical 40min with arms and chest

Saturday- 10mile run

Sunday- Rest

The weather here has not been AT ALL great!! Not only does it play a damper in the running schedule for outside runs, this rain has been kinda......depressing!! You can only pull out so many positive and grateful thoughts a day so many days in a row. However, I am grateful that I get to do this 5 mile run outside this morning. Tomorrows run should be outside also but not sure about Saturdays run.....keeping my fingers crossed =)

Grateful for:

The sunshine this morning
The beauty of Spring
My health
New beginnings

No comments:

Post a Comment