Friday, January 24, 2014

Treadmill Tell-All

We are smack in the middle of one of the coldest winters in years!!  With me just getting back into my runs I don't want to take any chances at all running outside in these below zero temps and with all the snow and ice that is out there.  So it's the treadmill for this girl!!
Such a love/hate relationship!! 
So if it has to be the treadmill/dreadmill we can at least have a little fun and tell-all about our likes and dislikes, favorite workouts on the treadmill and so forth.   Actually seen this in this girls blog and thought it would be fun to play! So here we go...

1. What’s your favorite workout to do on a treadmill? I would have to say (believe it or not) interval runs.  Simply because I'm done a little faster and can get on with my day!

2. How many miles, on average, do you run on the mill each week?  Well I prefer to run zero miles on the treadmill but with the type of freezing below zero temps we are having and me just getting back into my runs I'd have to say about 10-12miles and that's only on a good week!

3. What was the most mileage you’ve ever completed on the mill in one workout? When? Why?  I did a 10 mile training run and really thought I was going to die.  It was back in the beginning of 2011 and I was in the middle of training for my first half marathon.  The weather was pretty gross, cold, and wet...and it had to be done so the treadmill it was!


4. Do you mill at home, the gym or both?  Definitely at home.  I have a gym in our barn which makes it easy and convenient.  I love my gym and pretty much never dread going out there to do any kind of workout.  Except when my trainer Katie is there!


5. What distractions or entertainment (if any) do you use to help pass the time?  I'm not a fan of watching tv so I just really jam my music pretty loud since I am in the barn and it's not disturbing anybody.

6. If you have a treadmill at home, what kind is it? How old is it?  To be honest I'm not really sure of the name...lol I know right?!! You would think from me seeing it day in and day out that I would know this off the top of my head....I do believe it starts with an L!  Geeze! And I bought this back in 2007....might be time for and upgrade??


7. Do you fuel any differently for a treadmill workout than an outside one? Just the normal routine before my run...whole grain toast w/natural pb and a half banana.  Probably the longer runs I have used GU.

8. Any treadmill mishaps to report? Nope! Thank goodness!!

9. Do you mill at incline to compensate for not being outside? For my normal runs it's on a 1% incline unless I'm doing hill repeats....blah! Then it just depends on whats on the schedule.

10. Describe your perfect (if there is such an animal) treadmill conditions: My perfect condititions would be running when its these weather conditions but with the sun shinning and I had windows on all four walls so to see the beauty and feel the warmth of the sun.


Well, there you have it! How about you?  Treadmill or are you able to bare this extreme arctic weather and still run outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment