Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Getting back at it

Well I have had my surgery and I have been released to start my runs again.  Yay!! I have kept my cardio up by doing the elliptical for 30min or longer.  
Today, my goal was to just run a mile.  Thats. All.  I'm glad thats all I did.  I did a warmup lap and then started out with a slow run.  I wound up running 1.25 miles.  I felt really good and easily could have kept going but I didn't.  I want to be careful starting back up.  I'm not even 3 weeks post op yet.  So, I'm really good with this.  

So I have set some goals for 2014! I want to add to my collection of these:

 I will be starting out my year with a 10k to here
Then in June it goes onto another 10k in Columbus, August will be a half marathon in Morrow Ohio, September will be the Air Force half marathon the finally in October will be a Cincinnati Ohio half marathon.  I'm really excited and hope that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.  But gosh darn it!! I have had so many obstacles come in my way that this running life I love so much keeps getting interrupted!! 
I'm going to train and train as smart as I can.  I also have a few 5k's in there too.  
Another big thing that I have put on my goal list is to get down to business with getting my ACE Personal Training Certification.  
Lots of things going on for sure and here's hoping for a great New Year and injury free!!

Amen!

What goals do you have for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment