Monday, February 27, 2012

Learning to be patient

So I am trying to be more patient and listen to my body especially when it comes to injuries.  I pulled my calf muscle almost 2 weeks ago and it has not been fun.  I have had to ice it and rest it at least a couple times a day.  This past Wednesday I went to the park and was going to try and attempt to do a very slow run and see how it felt but I only made it about a half of a mile and had to quit.  The pain was still there even though not as bad but enough for me to not push it and take the chance on hurting it worse.

So since the injury my workouts have consisted of still doing weights and I have been doing the elliptical a lot more.  My plan is to keep doing the elliptical and I will go back out to try and do another small run a week from today.  I'm hoping that I can at least run 2 miles slowly and then maybe walk a mile.  We'll see.  

Another thing that I want to try and work on again is the no eating after 7pm.  This always makes me feel better anyways.  I have been really off my eating plan more so lately than ever.  This is not good!! I need to stay focused and maybe even get back to my journaling in my food journal again.  

What I have done since last week:
Sunday 2/19- Elliptical
Monday 2/20- Elliptical and a few weights
Tuesday 2/21- Elliptical and leg extensions before work
Wednesday 2/22- Tried to run that half mile but couldn't so I just did a slow walk for another 1.5miles
Thursday 2/23- Worked out with Jess doing upper body
Friday 2/24- Elliptical before work
Saturday 2/25- Elliptical then did lower body and abs

This week my plan is going to be about the same with doing the elliptical in the mornings before I go to work then try and get outside and do some walks in the evening and definitely hitting the weights.

I'm going to be patient with this injury and I'm going to be okay with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment