Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ran like I stole it!!



Winter and treadmills generally equal pretty boring! But Saturday doing my long run for the week was probably the best run I have had in a long time!  I have had to do my runs on the treadmill due to the weather here in Ohio.  I love the snow but with my previous foot issues I don't take chances running in it.  I have been taking every precaution in doing what I can to not go into the Spring/Summer months getting injured or having foot issues again.

This week I signed up for some Pure Barre classes!  I have read and heard a lot of great things about it and thought what the heck...I'll give it a try.  


My thoughts were to try something different.  Step out of my box! And I'm glad I did!  I usually workout at home and generally by myself.  So, walking away from my gym to sign up at a place I've never been, don't know anybody....well that was stepping outside my box!  Pure Barre is know for their lift, tone and burn!  And that is exactly what happened yesterday when I went to my first class!  Not only did it give me a great workout it delivered everything that I have heard and read about.  The instructor, Bev, was great!  She was clear on what we were to do and if she felt that your form wasn't what it should be, she had no problem coming over and helping with getting you where you need to be.   The classes are generally kept to twenty or less making it easy for the instructor to give that special one on one attention when needed.  

So, I know it was only my first class but I have excitedly scheduled my next few classes and looking very forward to each of them.  I'm hoping with the stretching, the toning to fatigue muscles that it will also help with my running.  I sure hope so!

Have any of you ever heard or try Pure Barre?  If so what are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment